The hand-held refractometer is a precision optical instrument designed to measure three common indicators of honey. It is quick and easy to use, portable, super accurate and can accurately measure the Baume degree of honey (i.e. the concentration of honey), the sugar content of honey and the water content of honey. One machine is multi-purpose. It is a necessary instrument for scientific research, food processing, honey acquisition and business operations.
1. Simultaneous measurement of three parameters(Baume degree, sugar content,water content)
2. High precision prism
3. Automatic temperature compensation
4. Exquisite craftsmanship forging
1. Align the refracting prism in the direction of the light, adjust the eyepiece sight ring until the marking is clear
2. Adjusting the benchmark: Before the measurement, first make the standard solution (pure water), the instrument and the liquid to be tested based on the same temperature. Open the cover plate, then take 1-2 drops of standard droplets on the refractive prism, and press the cover plate lightly with your hand to get a dividing line between light and shade. Rotate the calibration bolt so that the dividing line between light and shade in the eyepiece field of view coincides with the reference line (0%)
Note: This optical instrument has been adjusted at the factory and can be used directly
3. Open the cover, clean the surface of the prism with a soft flannel, take 1~2 drops of the solution to be tested on the refractive prism, cover the cover plate and press gently, and read the relative scale of the dividing line between light and shade, it is the concentration value and density value of the tested liquid.
4. After finishing the measurement, directly wipe off the attachments on the prism surface and the cover plate with a damp flannel, and store it properly after drying.